UCanPay Frequently Asked Questions
What is UCanPay?
Our person-to-person payment service allows you to quickly and easily send money to anyone with only an email address right from your smartphone or computer – no account number required.
Can anyone use this service?
You must be a Community Xpress Online Banking customer.
How does it work?
Enrolling is easy, login to your Community Xpress Banking on your computer. Go to the UCanPay Widget on the My NetTeller screen to complete the enrollment.
- Select your payment account.
- Set up a Challenge Prompt and agree to the terms and conditions for the product.
- Set up your payee and assign a keyword. A keyword is a special word that only you and the payee will know. The payee will need the keyword to complete the transaction.
- Complete first-time payee activation and request activation code.
- Once activation is complete you can review the payment details – select Send Money.
- Your payee will receive an email with a link to set up their account information. The payee must have the keyword you have setup for them.
- The payee will enter the keyword and get a screen to submit the account information for payment.
- Once the payment information is complete the payee will receive an email stating the amount you have sent to their account.
- Payment is transferred in 1 to 3 business days.
Can I use this through the mobile app?
Once you have set up the first payee on the traditional online banking then you will have UCanPay available through the mobile app for future use.
Are there limits to payments I can send?
Payments are limited to $1,000 per day by using the UCanPay service. Payments can only be made to payees within the United States. The payee account must at a financial institution within the United States.
Are their fees for this service?
Three payments per month at no charge; $1.00 per payment each additional payment per month. Fees will be assessed against your account on the first business day of the month.
What are the payment cutoff times?
The payment cut-off is 2 PM CDT. Payments entered after cutoff will process the next business date. Payments will be processed Monday – Friday except Federal Holidays.
Available Funds: Payments are processed from available funds in your designated payment account. If the funds are not available the payment will not be processed. The payment will try for a period of three days before canceling the payment for no available funds.
Cancelling a Payment: Payments made in the UCanPay Service may be cancelled or changed at any time prior to the cutoff time on the scheduled payment.
Payment Status: Definitions for the status of the payment shown within the online service.
- Scheduled: Payment scheduled but payment date has not yet arrived.
- Stopped: Payment stopped by you prior to payment being processed.
- Processed: Payments that have passed the funds verification process but have not yet been paid.
- Paid: Payments that have passed the funds verification process and have been sent.
- Not Processed: Payment that failed funds verification and will not be processed.
- Refunded: Payment that was returned and credited to your account. You will receive notification of the return by secure message in the online banking system.