Bill Pay Basics
Bill Pay is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company though your online banking account. For example, you can pay utilities, mortgage or credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter or relative.
Is Bill Pay secure?
Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real-time access to your payment activity.
Getting Started with Bill Pay
Bill pay is located under the Transactions link. The first step is to add a payee, the person or company you wish to pay. Here is how easy it is:
- Just log in to your Community Xpress Banking and click on Transactions and select Bill Pay.
- Click on “Payee” and then you can “Add a Payee.” You can pay a company or a person.
- Pay a Person with an email, account number or by check.
- Enter the requested information. Typically, this information can be found on our latest bill statement.
Once you add your payee, you can start making payments.
How do I make payments with Bill Pay?
- Find your payee on the payment’s dashboard.
- Enter the payment amount and date and then submit.
How Bill Pay Works
How are online payments delivered?
Payments are sent one of two ways - electronically or by paper checks. The majority of payments are delivered electronically. Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via secure transmission. All other payments are made by checks that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
How long does it take before my payment is received?
Generally, your payment is received within 2 to 7 days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via check.
How are the scheduled payments processed with Bill Pay?
Cutoff time for bill pay is 2:00 PM. Electronic Payments are deducted from your account at the time payments are processed. Check Payments are deducted from your account when the check payment is received by the payee and processed at their financial institution
Does Business Bill Pay have Quicken® or QuickBooks® integration?
Yes. You can import payees from Quicken® or QuickBooks® directly into your Bill Pay account.
Can I set up recurring payments?
Bill Pay allows you to set up recurring payments for bills that are consistent every month.
Pay a Person (P2P)
You can pay a person through email or text.
- Add the payee information (first and last name, cell or email), create a payee nickname and choose your pay from account.
- Create a keyword. Remember the keyword because you will have to share it with the person you are paying.
- You will be required to active the payee. Once the payee is activated, they will receive an email or text and will need to enter the keyword you provided to access a secure site to enter their account information. Once this is complete you can begin to use the Pay a Person feature.
You can pay a person with Account and Routing number
- When setting up pay a person, you will need to know the banking information for the payee. Routing number for the financial institution and account number. If you are trying to pay another CommunityBank of Texas customer use the “Account to Account” feature.
Pay a person may take 1 to 2 business days and limitations are $1,000 per day.
You can pay a person with a check. The check is sent through the mail and may take 5 to 7 days to process.
What is eBill?
eBills are delivered directly to your Bill Pay account. Once you set up and individual eBill, the eBill comes directly from the payee to your account. Examples of businesses that offer eBills are cable, phone and utilities.
How will I know if eBill is available for a payee?
There are two easy ways to determine if a payee offers eBill. You can check to see if there is a "Set up eBill" link next to their listing on your Bill Pay home page, or look for the "Sign Up" icon under their name in the "View Payees" section.
What are the primary benefits of eBill?
With eBill, everything you need is one convenient location. Using eBill allows you to streamline your bill pay routine and have online access to your bills. In addition, you can view past summaries at a glance.
What information is included in an eBill?
Balance due, due date, and minimum payment amount are included in your eBill. If you need additional details, there will be a link that lets you log in to your account on your payee's website.
How do I pay an eBill?
To pay an eBill, simply choose the account you want to pay them from, enter the amount you want to pay, and schedule when you want the payment delivered.